“Rising fuel prices – bonanza for oil cos???”
“Aviation sector poised for growth on Govt relaxing FDI norm.”
“Rupee’s gain dents IT cos’ profits.”
The one word that inevitably springs to everyone’s minds on seeing these headlines is, yes, you guessed right, STOCKS. While the regular trader already has his course of action chalked out, Kurukshetra presents an exclusive event, Dalal Bull, to enable students to get an in-depth understanding of the ever-dynamic world of the sensex. Dalal Bull is a simulated stock market, the closest you get to the real deal, only, with zero risk, as one deals only with virtual money. Hence, this serves as a perfect platform for beginners to safely learn the tricks of the trade and become adept at them. So come on punters in the making! With a few wise decisions at the right time, let’s see how much profit you can rustle up!
To participate logon to http://dalalbull.kurukshetra.org.in/
- DalalBull is a virtual stock market. i.e Real time stocks and virtual money.
- You'll have an initial capital of Rs.10,00,000 of virtual money to trade.
- Your full capital can be used to buy shares.
- Short sell is only intra day i.e One needs to buy back before the market closes or the stocks will be squared off.
- Only 10% of the current holdings can be used for short sell on per stock.
- The market time is from 1000 hours to 1530 hours.
- Brokerage of 0.5% will be charged on every transaction executed.
- Login using your Kurukshetra 2010 username and password.
- Test Run is from DEC 7 to DEC 11, 2009. Full version Event starts on DEC 14, 2009.
- This event is for college students. College id card is necessary for collecting the prizes.
- At the End of Event, Player with highest total asset (cash holding, worth of stocks) will be declared the winner.
What is a Stock?
A stock represents a unit of ownership in a company. Most of the stock bought on the open market is "common" stock and carries the right to vote on important matters of the corporation including who serves on the board of directors. If the company distributes profits, stockholders normally receive them in the form of dividends.
How do I actually make money from buying stock?
An increase in share price. Over the long-term, this is the result of the market valuing the increased profits as a result of expansion in the business or share repurchases, which make each share represent greater ownership in the business as a percentage of total equity.
What is Short Sell?
Short selling is the practice of selling shares that have been borrowed from a third party with the intention of buying identical shares back at a later date to return to the lender. The short seller hopes to profit from a decline in the value of the shares between the sale and the repurchase, as he will pay less to buy the shares than he received on selling them. At Dalal Bull you need not worry about the third party. Short sell at a high price and gain profit by repurchasing (SHORT COVER) when the value decline.
When Does The Event Start?
Test Run is from DEC 7 to DEC 11, 2009. Full version Event starts on DEC 14 2009. Use your kurukshetra username and password to login.
What are the company stocks one could trade in Dalalbull?
In DalalBull one could trade on shares of 50 companies in NSE INDIA. Play according to the trends in NSE and make profit.
What is the prize money?
Don't worry about it now. We promise it will be worth for the smart work over a period of around one month.
Contact us at dalalbull [at] kurukshetra [dot] org [dot] in
Also we welcome you to use the forums. Any queries can be posted here
- Onsite Programming Contest
- Network Warriors
- Online Programming Contest
- K MAD!!!
- Game AI Contest