“Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.” – The Shawshank Redemption
Here, you’ll need some common sense too. A signature event at Kurukshetra, this one is a perfect amalgam of basic knowledge and fun. Confined within four walls, with nothing but your own grey cells to help you out, can you, as a prisoner, escape? Don’t worry, no textbook-mugging is called for here, but only elementary engineering skills and some out of the box thinking, to solve the series of clues and pseudo-clues to stage a break out.
- Based on the number of teams registering for the event, there may or may not be an intermediate round to select the finalists.
- The first round will be a written prelims, which will primarily test your basics.
- In the final round, teams will be locked up inside their cells in a prison-like setting.
- Teams will have to find a way out of their cells using a string of clues and the stuff they have at hand.
- The team that escapes the prison first will be adjudged the winner.
- Each team should consist of 3 members.
- Only in case of a tie, the scores of the previous round(s) will come into play.
- In case of any dispute, the decision made by the judges will be final.
- Should the teams necessarily consist of 3 members?
Yes. Based on the tasks we have set up, we feel that a team with three members would be ideal.
- In what engineering domains will the participants be tested?
Mechanical, Civil/Structural, Electrical/Electronic. Innovative, out-of-the-box thinking and a sound logic won't hurt your chances either!
- Is it necessary that the teams be formed from people with different engineering backgrounds?
It is not absolutely necessary. But we strongly advise the participants to form teams with people belonging to different backgrounds.In the final round, teams that are balanced will stand a greater chance of finishing the event as the tasks will be hands-on and will require knowledge of all the afore mentioned engineering fields.
- Should the participants bring anything?
No. The organizers will be providing the necessary tools. (Don't forget to bring your pens for the prelims though!)
- Sriram A : +91 9176570376
- Vijaykrishnan G : +91 9445361066
- Onsite Programming Contest
- Network Warriors
- Online Programming Contest
- K MAD!!!
- Game AI Contest